Friday, February 26, 2016

Ring business

I decided that I will have my engagement ring custom made and paid for before our trip to Orlando Universal Studios next month. Primary isn't fond of the idea of spending the money now, but the way I see it, money will be spent on the ring eventually anyway, and since I can afford spending the money now, why wait? The earlier I get it done, the longer I get to be wearing that piece of jewelry!

I am obsessed with my promise ring, I stare at it first thing in the morning and throughout the day. Its beauty gives me so much joy, but it is so close to losing all its rose rhodium plating and the sterling silver underneath is starting to show... that saddens me. Also, my left ring finger size is 2.5 where the ring should sit, knuckle size is 3.5, but my promise ring is of size 5 (smallest I could find). I am tired of having this ridiculous piece of plastic coiled over it to make it snug.


I've decided long ago that I want a heart cut morganite as my center stone, but even if I were to compromise on the cut and design, I couldn't find any ring with morganite as center stone that runs in my size. Having it custom made seems like the only way to go. I messaged plenty of reputable jewelers on Etsy for a quote to make a replica of my promise ring, but with rose gold and a slightly bigger heart cut morganite. I can't wait to hear back from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment